[Magdalen] two prayer requests

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 04:02:58 UTC 2019

I ask  your prayers for my son-in-law Jonathan, who has finally
acknowledged that he is dealing with severe PTSD as a result of the fire at
their home last winter. He is having nightmares and not sleeping and his
anxiety is through the roof. It's gotten so bad that he has had to take a
short term disability leave from work and he has finally decided to seek
therapy. If you knew him, you would know what an enormous step this is.
Jonathan doesn't open up to just anyone. He doesn't confide in his mother
but for some reason he does tell me stuff. He has an appointment with
someone on Thursday and he's scared about it because talking about himself
and things that bother him just isn't his style. Prayers very much needed!

Also, prayers for the soul of a very dear man and longtime friend, Paul
Rohe, who died today at the age of (I think) 92. I have known Paul for some
40 years, I guess. He and his wife Mary were in the age group between me
and my parents and functioned kind of like much older siblings or young
aunt and uncle. We went to the same church, sailed on the lake together,
our kids and their granddaughters were friends, I worked with his wife at
one point and she and I sang in the choir together. Paul was a US Navy vet,
just post WWII, half German and half Scots, venerable member of Clan Munro,
a winemaker of some ability (although his failures were legendary too!), a
tireless volunteer at Central Services, and a devout Episcopalian. He'd
grown quite deaf in later years, and somewhat forgetful, but was a dapper
dresser to the end. He's been lonely since his wife died some 8 years ago,
but sons in the area including one who lived with him, and a special
granddaughter who lives close by saw that he was never alone, and someone
saw that he got to church every Sunday. His passing will leave a large hole
in many hearts and many places. Memory eternal!