[Magdalen] When jazz & Grace Cathedral were one.

Charles Wohlers chad at satucket.com
Sun Sep 29 22:34:32 UTC 2019

Great story! I'll have to bookmark that site.

As the article notes, Duke Ellington did three sacred concerts. Nos. 1 &
2 are easily available as LP's, CD's or streaming (streaming at least on
AppleMusic). Note that the 2-LP set of no. 2 contains two tracks which
the CD omits. No. 3 isn't as good as the other two, and is only
available as a used LP, or as part of a very expensive CD set (but you
can hear it on Youtube). I own nos. 2 & 3 as LP's, so I guess I need to
look around for the first Sacred Concert.

--
Chad Wohlers
chad at satucket.com
Woodbury, VT   USA