[Magdalen] Triddum Time.

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 17:23:26 UTC 2020

Every Triduum, I cringe a little bit if someone brings up the secret,
special way the officiants should be leading the Daily Office on these
three days. It is traditional, but the BCP doesn't call for any of the
changes. I've offered the view that if we want people to know the secrets,
we should publish a Triduum office booklet. Well, St. Paul's, K Street, has
done so, and it's quite good. It's Rite I and KJV, so I'm using it as a
guide to praying the Rite II and NRSV office I normally keep.

Like the stripping of the church, the office gets cut back: no introductory
material but start with the psalms...read the lessons "bare," without
introduction or any conclusion. No creed, short Lord's Prayer, added
recitation of Ps. 51, then Good Friday collect stripped of its conclusion.
No Angelus nor anything else at the end.

http://www.saintpaulskstreet.org/triduum-sacrum-office-booklet/

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA