[Magdalen] Prayer request: Malcolm

Rick Mashburn ricklmashburn at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 03:43:50 UTC 2020

Good evening,

Today was a odd day. Malcolm has been acting strangely the last few days. I
took him to the vet this morning. He called just before lunch to say that
all his vitals were fine, there were no issues in his mouth from the teeth
extractions 3 weeks ago but there was an issue with his back. He had some
minor issues a few years ago with that. He recommend a treatment and said
to pick him up mid- afternoon.

When we got home, we decided to take a nap. Malcolm couldn't get settled
and was panting pretty heavily. When I tried to pet him, he growled at me.

So back to the vet we went. This time they took x-rays. When he called me
to back of the clinic to look at them, he said he didn't think there was
anything very serious but things we needed to find out more about: possible
arthritic growth on his neck, pinched nerve in his lower back, bladder
stones and an enlargement on the left side of his heart. He wants the
radiologist to read the x-rays and get urinalysis results to know for sure.
I was shocked! They kept him for observation overnight.

So, prayers please for our little fur baby. And for me & Alex. It's an
anxious night and the house feels so empty without him!

Peace, Rick