[Magdalen] Will and Way.

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Apr 30 12:43:59 UTC 2020

Human ingenuity is no where more amazing than during the present pandemic crisis.I still am a member of the venerable Minnesota Dermatological Society which hasfour meetings a year rotating through the four major teaching hospitals of theUniversity of MN.  The meeting this past week was under the auspices of the UniversityHospital Dermatology Department, and was entirely virtual.  Dermatology is well suitedto that format, and it worked out well. Instead of seeing live patients with a live scientificdiscussion of their problems, everything was computerized.
Then I noted that the famous Dutch Garden at Keukenhof which  has the reputation ofbeing "the most beautiful garden in the world" Is blooming virtually this week, and admittingno visitors.  I was fortunate to visit the garden in the past when there was peak blooming,
and I am inclined to agree with the "most beautiful" tag.  I'll have to say the commercialbulb fields, hundreds of acres across, were impressive, too.

I have the feeling that both these pandemic rearranged events are going to influencethe formats for years to come.

David Strang.