[Magdalen] Tuition

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 14:47:12 UTC 2020

I think you're right about Lincoln Park, Judy. Whenever Chicago Magazine or
the Tribune does a photo feature on someone's sumptuous mansion that covers
a whole city block, it's usually in Lincoln Park, on Belding or Orchard
avenues usually. Just south of there is Gold Coast, with "old money," and
where our billionaire (yet good) governor has a couple of houses. Lake
Shore Drive has the highest-end apartments and is where Oprah lived for a
while, near Oak Street Beach.

We moved from Near North (Old Town), between Gold Coast and Cabrini Green
(!), to get more space for less money. We're still not paying as much as we
did down there, but I do miss having 2 bathrooms. When a guest visited,
they could have a bedroom and en suite bathroom. Here we have to share (and
don't really have good space for a guest...we've "lived into" all the
space). Now we have to inflate an air mattress for one of us so we can give
the guest a bedroom. And tell the guest not to leave the bathroom doors
closed because a cat will meow everyone up to open them.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA