[Magdalen] Tuition

Mahoney, W. Michael wmmah at stoneledge.net
Wed Aug 12 17:50:29 UTC 2020

My tuition at the University of Chicago in the mid-fifties was $300 a
quarter.  The University decided first whether to admit you and then helped
you finance it with loans and jobs.  I think that the Bursar knew every
college student by their first name.

Even so, I lived on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and Kraft dinner.

Kids can't do that these days, alas.

Mike Mahoney
Stoneledge
446 Long Mountain Road