[Magdalen] physically distanced communion

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 01:10:30 UTC 2020

'Hit and run' is an apropo description, Grace.  The 'slam-bam' method seems
rude to me.  Perhaps there are people who need that quickness, but what
about shut-ins who would love a visit?  I guess the important thing is to
know your congregation.  Also, there's no rule against asking the person,
him/herself, rather than assuming.  IMNSHO, the difference seems to be
seeing a person as an object and a person.  (Putting on my brakes here,
because I can go on and on, when it comes to that issue.)

FYI, the reason I am receiving a Eucharistic visit is because my priest
knows how hard it has been for me not to receive Eucharist in this season
of isolating.  I am not homebound, of course, but because I have a long
list of medical issues, I am staying in.  I spoke with my physician about
this.  His response was that I am not more vulnerable to catching the virus
than anyone else, but if I contract it, I will have much more trouble with
recovery than healthier folks.

Ginga