[Magdalen] The changes and chances of life

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 20:07:53 UTC 2020

As his warden I knew yesterday, but today at  our Annual Vestry Meeting our
priest announced that he has been granted a year's leave of absence, maybe
two, to explore a monastic vocation.   Reason tells me he won't be back, no
matter how it turns out.  It comes as no surprise that he is making the
leap, but, oh dear, it will be a wrench for me personally., despite the
day-to-day difficulties presented by his, um, detachment..  I have been
Rector's Warden for three of his four years with us.

His last Sunday will be Low Sunday, Easter 2, but I'll have a lot of soggy
moment between now and then.  I'm really bad at goodbyes.  I pray that our
Area Bishop has someone good up her sleeve for what is to come!

Marion, a pilgrim