[Magdalen] opening churches

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 00:35:27 UTC 2020

The wardens, mission council and priests have been talking about reopening
nearly since the virus hit, but it's mostly making plans to be ready when
we can.  South Carolina's cases are peaking straight up day by day.  Today
we set a new record for cases @ 1846 new cases.  Deaths topped 800 today.
I know the standing committee met with an MUSC epidemiologist recently who
it's not safe.  DUH, I say.  Politics have sadly taken over the minds of
our leaders and we have no statewide mandate to keep the guidelines.  My
city has put in a 9-day mask ordinance that may be extended.  Lord, the
stupidity!  I am essentially staying home and keeping the guidelines.  John
is working and people want to see and buy houses, so ... well.  I won't be
going back to church in the foreseeable future.  I do so miss the sacrament.

Ginga