[Magdalen] The word “me”

cady soukup cadyasoukup at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 12:30:44 UTC 2020

The usage "give it to me" still seems to be current.

The usage "give it to them" is still used.

It's the construction  "give it to I and them" that I see more often
than not, even in newspapers.

I wonder if it has something to do with ESL or our increasingly
email-based diction? I work in an office that may be 40/60 ESL/native
English speakers. The interesting forms grammar takes has become a
personal cringeworthy experience that I do not pass along unless I am
composing/editing for our customer.

Cady