[Magdalen] The word “me”

Don Boyd thedonboyd at austin.rr.com
Fri Jul 10 22:57:17 UTC 2020

Without getting into the propriety of using certain word forms in certain social environments, may I make this observation:

        We appear to be much more tolerant of other people exhibitIng religious beliefs or practices that differ from our own than we are  when other people speak or write English differently from the way we do.

I ask that you consider the possibility that this difference in toleration may be due to linguistic practices being markers of social class.

Blessings on you all!

Don in Austin

Sent from my iPadC