[Magdalen] The word “me”

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 21:05:50 UTC 2020

Seems fine to me. Technically it's the wrong case but sounds OK, maybe
because "you and I" defines "us" in a way that is almost outside the
sentence. The "us" is right as the object of "Let," and I think that
satisfies the grammar before the speaker takes a step back and defines who
"us" means. If it's a grammatical sacrifice, it's a small one, and it
almost sounds more correct than the correct "you and me." YMMV, as always.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA