[Magdalen] Secretary of State Offices

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 14:48:06 UTC 2020

Can't have a visit to an Illinois Secretary of State office without
experiencing the alphanumeric system calling individuals up to the counter:
F-98, B-52, whatever. Match both the number and the letter, please. But I
go to a less-accessible "express" office in the Chicago Pedway that's in
the basement of a county office building. It has no parking, is not visible
except to those walking in that part of the Pedway, does not do driving
exams, and gets you a new license or license-plate tags in minutes. Usually
not much of a wait. There's a full office nearby in Helmut Jahn's
controversial Thompson Center, a state office starship...I mean building.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA