[Magdalen] Corpus Christi

Ferdinand von Prondzynski (Emeritus) f.von-prondzynski at rgu.ac.uk
Thu Jun 11 18:22:41 UTC 2020

The service is precisely at

https://www.facebook.com/st.andrews.cathedral.aberdeen/videos/271559003953095/

Ferdinand

-----Original Message-----
From: Magdalen <magdalen-bounces+f.von-prondzynski=rgu.ac.uk at herberthouse.org> on behalf of "Ferdinand von Prondzynski (Emeritus)" <f.von-prondzynski at rgu.ac.uk>
Reply to: "magdalen at herberthouse.org" <magdalen at herberthouse.org>
Date: Thursday, 11 June 2020 at 18:45
To: "magdalen at herberthouse.org" <magdalen at herberthouse.org>
Subject: Re: [Magdalen] Corpus Christi

St Andrew's Cathedral (from which the livestream will come) is also closed, except for livestream services. The only people physically in attendance are the Provost (Dean), his daughter (who is an excellent soprano singer), and the Director of Music on the organ (physically half a mile away from the sanctuary...).

So there is quite a lot of music, not least because the DoM is a real virtuoso organist, and enjoys hamming it up enormously on the organ. Any organists amongst you will be thrilled...

There will be incense, but the Provost (Fr Isaac Poobalan, of Indian extraction, and a wonderful priest) has to manage all that himself. It is all live.

If you do get to watch, tell me what you think.

The order of service is put together by my humble self...

So, the service:

https://www.facebook.com/st.andrews.cathedral.aberdeen/?epa=SEARCH_BOX

and the order of service:

https://www.standrewscathedralaberdeen.org.uk/uploads/6/7/1/6/6716875/servicebooklet-ls-corpuschristi-11jun20.pdf