[Magdalen] Wm. Barber sermon--phenomenal!!

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 19:21:41 UTC 2020

If you haven't already, listen to his sermon from the National Cathedral
this morning!! Someone said it was the most powerful sermon from that
pulpit since Martin Luther King preached there the Sunday before he was
assassinated! I missed the very beginning, but I'm going to go back and
listen to the whole thing again.  It's very long, taking off from the
prophet Amos, and it links all of our history as a nation from the
beginning in a narrative of the levels of death that have always been
accepted.
Afterwards there was a conversation on Zoom about the sermon.  I just
happened upon it, but it was very hopeful.

There was also a link to the virtual Poor People's Campaign that Barber
started and that will take place on the 20th. It was already scheduled to
take place in DC well before the pandemic hit, and it will still take place
in cyberspace.  It's a two-day event.

A lot of people are saying this moment feels different from the many others
that have come before--the perfect storm of the pandemic, George Floyd's
death, and the resulting protests and police and military brutality have
galvanized people here and around the world. I only pray positive change
comes from it.
Grace
--
Grace Cangialosi
Ruckersville, VA

*"Not all of us can do great things, but we can do small things with great
love."*
*St. Teresa of Calcutta*