[Magdalen] memories

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 12:43:00 UTC 2020

Good Shepherd has a weekly bible study via Zoom, and St. Anne's, Winston
Salem, NC has several live Zoom gatherings during the week.  We have
learned at Good Shepherd that the moderator does not need to be the host -
way too much to be done by one person.  Another important thing is that we
would need some guidance in how to attend that also allows everyone to
offer some conversation.  With this the MUTE button is our friend.  Because
if several people are speaking at once, there is interference and static in
the audio.  It works best if only two attenders are in conversation at
once...Zoom does not make spontaneous chat possible.  I know nothing about
how to host or how to do cyber stuff, but I am attending our bible study
and worshipping with St. Anne's on Sundays.  Zoom bombing can be a problem
- so I believe it would be important to find a safe way to distribute the
passcode for the meeting.

My experiences going to Zoom meetings.  I'll leave the rest to those who
may set up, host, and moderate the meeting.

Ginga