[Magdalen] Dumb question about eyeglasses

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 00:27:58 UTC 2020

Thanks for that, Ann+. I've been looking for that reassurance because I
know I'd get ticked off by a hard sell, like I did at our local Enterprise
Car Rental a few years ago. I said I'd decline the insurance and the agent
shouted at me! "What are you going to do to protect MY CAR?" I said I'd
rely on the insurance connected with my credit card, and I had the
information for that and what number to call, etc. She continued shouting
at me and I had to shout her down, "STOP THIS, NOW! I've answered your
question and do not appreciate this hard sell, and this rudeness!" I
couldn't believe what was happening. I would have walked away but needed
the car and needed to do some other things before hitting the road on time.
I wrote to Enterprise and left a very negative survey. No response.

So I've been putting off getting glasses because I've sort of expected
something like that. I think I painted myself into a corner with rigid
thinking about it.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA