[Magdalen] Annunciation BVM

Kate Conant kate.conant at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 02:25:24 UTC 2020

Today is indeed the Annunciation of the Theotokos!   I have wished a happy
name day to my friends,  Angela, Van and Evva.
(Evangelia and Evangelos   come from the Greek Evangelismos == Annunciation)

It is also Greek Independence Day but all of the attendant festivities have
been cancelled (whether in Greece or Cyprus or NYC or Philadelphia or
Baltimore or ???)   I did see a one-block family parade on Facebook (Greek
Orthodox Moms)  and a video of a psaltis singing the anthem in an empty
church on Tinos.     I just remembered that there was a presentation at the
2000 Sydney Olympics  that I really liked:
 https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2txz5k

"What does the Lord require of you, but to do justice, love mercy, and walk
humbly with your God?"
Micah 6:8