[Magdalen] SARS-CoV-2 Pandemic

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 11:46:20 UTC 2020

No, it didn’t, and that’s what makes this so frustrating—and tragic. My son-in-law is taking a forced week-long “vacation” with pay, beginning on Wednesday. And then, who knows? He’s a very successful car salesman, but as this goes on, the market may dry up. My daughter, who works for the U of Virginia Cancer Center, told me last night she’s worried about being furloughed—folks who just work with out patients haven’t been allowed in the building for nearly two weeks, so she’s been having to work from home, counseling patients by phone, but she doesn’t know how long the hospital will keep that up. Potentially, she and Tom could be without any income in a very short time.  All the schools are closed for the rest of the year, and the boys are headed for college in the fall.
I realize many people are much worse off, but these are really scary times, even for people with good jobs. And it didn’t have to be this way...