[Magdalen] Stay-at-home order

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 22:01:23 UTC 2020

Love it..."No. Are you?" - Perfect!

I won't mind recording a one-time Evening Prayer to show how to pray it the
way we do in church, with no commentary. In church, we try not to throw in
page numbers and other talk unless necessary. I do announce page numbers,
if I think there's someone who would be left behind otherwise, each time we
flip to some other page (beyond just continuing to the next thing). I'd
just share the tip that when we pray the office in church, pick up a red
prayer book when you arrive, check the board by the pulpit for today's
psalms, and use an offering envelope to mark the first psalm, and then go
to p.XX for the start of the Office. Then at the end we flip to the inside
back cover for the Angelus.

I feel like if I led an online live Office I'd do it as closely as possible
to normal (probably with page numbers). I guess in Zoom you can do just
audio...I'm not sure there's any need for video as there is for Mass.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA