[Magdalen] Stay-at-home order

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 23:07:14 UTC 2020

Houston SAHome through the end of April as of now. School definitely cancelled for rest of school year. 1,000 inmates released in our county tomorrow. We're hunkered down at home, did a stock-up grocery run yesterday. Otherwise spending time on the back porch in the morning communing with nature, eating breakfast, lingering over coffee, and reading news. Later we walk a mile a day and hope and pray for all whose lives are touched by the virus.
Lynn

> On Mar 31, 2020, at 5:44 PM, Scott Knitter <scottknitter at gmail.com> wrote:

Photos of a packed Chicago Transit Authority subway train are making the
rounds...packed even after a couple of weeks of more and more shutdowns of
gathering spots (parks, beaches, lakefront). Not good.

I've been conditioned, I guess...I went out to help get groceries in from
the car, and I saw a pedestrian on the sidewalk pass another person who was
walking their dog. I wanted to shout, "Too close!" but didn't. Fortunately
no one was walking toward me...I might have ducked into the car.

I love our mayor's series of public-service advertisements with the theme,
"Stay home, save lives." This is great for showing a bit of her
personality. Usually she comes across as very stern and serious and often a
bit angry. She's serious here but quite relatable too...
https://youtu.be/nSBUONZt1Qk

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA