[Magdalen] “You have no right to keep me from God,”

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Fri May 15 02:38:57 UTC 2020

Well said Don!

peace
Lynn

-----Original Message-----
From: Magdalen <magdalen-bounces+houstonklr=gmail.com at herberthouse.org> On Behalf Of Don Boyd
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2020 7:38 PM
To: magdalen at herberthouse.org
Subject: [Magdalen] “You have no right to keep me from God,”

My fantasy response:  “You’re absolutely right about that.  No one, including me, has a right to keep you from God.  The good news is that even if somebody wanted to keep you from God they couldn’t.  Wherever you are, God is there.

“What I do have is an obligation (something I owe to God) to keep others from harming you and to keep you from harming others if I can.  Staying within the guidelines we’ve been given is a way to do that.

“Like you and everyone else in our community I look forward to a day when we can safely gather to offer God our praise and thanksgiving and to feast together at God’s table.  It will be a great day when we can share God’s peace with our bodies as well as with our spirits.   I pray, and know that you do too, for that day to come soon.

“Until that day I pray that you will enjoy the peace of God always with you, and I ask your prayers for me.”

It is not easy, but it is necessary that we remember that even this day is a day that Godself has made, and that we rejoice in it and be glad that God is with us, weeps with us when we weep, gives us strength for the demands of the day, and loves us more than we can possibly understand.

Sent from my iPad