[Magdalen] Diocese decisions: "re-gathering"

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Sat May 16 02:46:54 UTC 2020

Michael, I just re-read Bishop Goff's letter to make sure I had it right,
and there is one easing of the restrictions from the original plan.
Beginning a week from Sunday, services may again be livestreamed or
recorded from the church with the fewest number of people possible in
attendance i.e. Priest, videographer, musician, perhaps a reader or two.
That's basically what the Cathedral staff has been doing. However, churches
within the Diocese of Washington, as well as those in the Dioceses of
Virginia and Maryland, have not been permitted to have services from their
buildings at all. The Cathedral is not part of the Diocese of Washington;
it is its own entity.

The exception to this, and it affects me, is that clergy or layleaders over
65 may not do services from the church.  I have to say, I'm not happy about
that, though I do understand the reasoning.

--
Grace Cangialosi
Ruckersville, VA

*"Not all of us can do great things, but we can do small things with great
love."*
*St. Teresa of Calcutta*