[Magdalen] Anniversary

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Wed May 20 03:25:21 UTC 2020

Ditto from me.

I have been married since 12-13-14.  My daughter and son were here for the event andthe two assistant priests from the local Procathderal officiated.  The two of them arealso married.

It has been a real blessing for us.  My other half is 64 and I 83 at this time.  Taking themarriage step broke down my last barrier to being completely open with our orientation.

It was a far cry from some 34 years ago when I was fired from a job in a clinic that now ispart of the Mayo Clinic System.  Discovering that they had a gay dermatologist was enoughto terminate me "for no apparent" reason.  Turns out that they had a clause in their contractsthat they could fire without giving the reason.  Wisconsin had a gay-lesbian protection law,but it was easy to get around it.  I suspected what turned out to be the truth, and had thatconfirmed by a friendly "spy" I had at the clinic board level.

Times they are a-changing.

David Strang.