[Magdalen] Garden report

P. Dan Brittain pdan.brittain at gmail.com
Sun May 24 18:02:23 UTC 2020

Sweet Violets. No not the song, and not so sweet. My onion bed is infested
with violets. I have to pull 1-2 rows of violets a day to keep up and it's
easy to get behind. Starting Tuesday, we have about a week of rain, so more
work to do. At least we discovered that violets are edible. We've been
adding them to out salads daily along with fresh spinach and fresh Red
Russian Kale. Have also started freezing spinach and kale.

31 tomato plants in the ground. Potatoes in bags and a potato bin - and
doing well. 5 plantings of green peas, 1st row blooming profusely, 2nd row
starting to bloom. Green beans above ground and carrots. Squash is starting
to peak out of the ground.

Peach trees are loaded - 1 thinning done and another to start. We'll get
apricots this year for the first time. Apples will be light this year -
didn't thin enough last year, so the main tree didn't bloom much this year.

Hope everyone is finding something to do.

Dan

--
P. Dan Brittain
Harrison, Arkansas

Transcriptions, Arrangements and Original Compositions
Wind Band, Brass Band, Choir, and Ensembles

http//:pdanbrittain.com  Or  at Sheet Music Plus
http://tinyurl.com/yb9fl39r