[Magdalen] The border

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Thu Oct 1 19:30:01 UTC 2020

I've just been watching a BBC TV programme featuring Sue Perkins, an
English TV personality, who went about 1,000 miles along the US/Mexico
border. She made her views of the proposed wall abundantly clear as
attempts are made to drive it through essentially one land. The black
bears make their feelings clear as they cross and recross between where
they originated in Mexico and Big Bend National Park. Then there are the
US citizens of Mexican heritage who cross the border daily and rejoice
in their dual citizenship. You also have the parishioners of St Peter's
and St Paul's Episcopal Church in Mission who make food for those stuck
in a migrant camp South of the border under the current administration's
policy about keeping asylum seekers out while their applications are
processed. As she said, it is one land and we all seek the same things -
security and a chance to live in harmony.

Roger