[Magdalen] Worship..

Sheila Ketler debbiedimond52 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 16:46:42 UTC 2020

Hi everyone
Holy Trinity in Chippewa began services in church on Sept. 20th... Their
organist managed to
play the first two services there yesterday was my first Sunday there.
There were a few
differences... they used the older rite (which personally I really like..)
and we were unable
to sing which meant we can't sing the responses... I am guessing they would
use the
Merbecke setting although I also am familiar with the Willan... So to
answer the question asked it would be Merbecke if we were doing the
It is a small Casavant... with 25 stops 10 each on the Swell and Great
manuals and 5 on the pedal board...A nice sound to it I have played it
before and I learned to play organ on a pipe organ and my first job was
playing a very nice 3 manual Casavant which also had chimes. As I took the
job because of the organ I learned an early lesson. A musician needs to
work with what they have and one should never ever take a job for the
instrument. That job ended badly making me  unsure whether I should play...
Luckily the priest I am working for saw a talent in me I didn't think I had
and that committee interviewed me and at the end of the interview he walked
over to me handed me a hymnal and said please pick out hymns for Sunday..
Can you start Sunday?/ I started that week and stayed there 5 years only
leaving when the church closed down...
We are doing distancing the priest serves the wafer only one parishioner at
a time.. he has the chalice with the wine no one else has the wine.
Everyone was sitting six feet apart everyone had masks and every other pew
is roped off...
So safety precautions are in place... I am now looking towards  next Sunday
need to choos the hymns!!
Just so glad to be worshipping and playing again.. I missed that...

Sheila