[Magdalen] National Coming Out Day - 25 years ago for me

Rick Mashburn ricklmashburn at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 14:15:43 UTC 2020

What a cool memory! Thanks for sharing.

I came out about the same time but I don't remember the date. My mom was
awesome. She asked if I had a boyfriend and if so she wanted to meet him!
My dad didn't take it well but if we'd had more time, I think he would have
been fine. Unfortunately, he was already ill at the time but we didn't know
it yet. He died about 6 months later.

But, my mom amazed me - a life long Southern Baptist living in a small town
in northeast Texas. She never skipped a beat in making sure I knew that she
loved me and supported me.

Peace, Rick