[Magdalen] Holy Week

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 15:03:23 UTC 2021

Much to think about here,
I've been unable to go to my regular church, now via Vimeo.
For some reason, seeing it in real time makes me feel even more of the
despair of Covid isolation.

Remember the scene in The Wizard of Oz
when Dorothy looks into the crystal ball and sees and hears Auntie Em
calling her name?
"Auntie Em! Auntie Em! I'm right here!"
Breaks my heart every time I watch it.

So I've been worshipping with the Roman Catholics,
where I'm used to observing the Eucharist (not receiving).
And last night "went to" Tenebrae at SSJE, which was a wonderful experience.
The camera placement (high above the chapel) helped.
More services here:
ssje.org/chapel/

This is the second year in a row I've not been able to make a Holy Week
retreat, a practice I'd followed for more than two decades. Doing my best
to live it at home, and having a bit of success. Which is better than no
success.

Second vaccine tomorrow.
It'll all be over soon.
-M