[Magdalen] Holy Week

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 15:19:13 UTC 2021

As in most years, I've failed to make arrangements for any time off for
Holy Week, so it's work as usual. I did attend our virtual Tenebrae last
night, during which my dear husband chanted psalms and read a lesson from
the other end of the apartment, quite well. I was thrilled to see several
of our newer young members involved and enthusiastic. One has recorded
songs as the one-man "group" called The Carmelittles. He's quite good!
Another is a Moody Bible Institute graduate who visited Ascension and
stayed. Even got married in our church. We had a decent "crowd" of 22
online for that.

We will attend our parish's 11 a.m. Easter Mass in person. It'll be my
first reception of the Sacrament in more than a year. TBTG.

Our online broadcasts have greatly improved with the installation of
cameras and an iPad-based production system. All our liturgies are linked
to ascensionchicago.org.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA