[Magdalen] Happy New Year

Judy Fleener fleenerj at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 20:45:08 UTC 2021

Happy New Year to all of you.  It has been a long time since I found you
all.  I remember some wonderful characters that I got to know here.  I have
met many of you in person and I value the memories of those travels.

It was very icy here overnight. I was supposed to deliver communion to 6
people today so that they could have it with the Eucharist streamed
tomorrow. When I called them they said in one voice, "Stay home." We do
this once a month for about 50 people.

Our priest, much loved, was with us for 2 1/2 years.  He was retired and
worked at St. Paul's part time.  His health took an unexpected turn and he
has retired for a second time.  Our new priest is currently a deacon. She
will be ordained to the priesthood on the 16th in a closed liturgy.  Two of
her 4 children will be there as the limit is ten people.  She is a local
person and a good friend.

I spent a lot of time reading last year. I read too many books of little
consequence in 2020.  I will be trying to make better choices in 2021

--
Hope is a thing with feathers that perches in the soul.
Judy Fleener, ObJN