[Magdalen] formerly EDS

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 12:42:22 UTC 2021

I love that Lesley promised to preserve St. John's Chapel.

The little university has been a fabulous neighbor in north Cambridge,
preserving lots of buildings that the big university would have blithely
demolished. Especially the old Sears building and a church next door. The
church was a big old white barn with a steeple. Lesley moved it close to
the side of the property, built a nearly invisible modern building next to
it, and made the whole thing into classroom and performance space. It's
stunning! And really preserves the look of the old neighborhood.

You can watch it happen (with glimpses of the Sears bldg) here,
https://youtu.be/gy4JHDBjY5s

-M