[Magdalen] Prayer request, many and sundry problems

P. Dan Brittain pdan.brittain at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 18:16:52 UTC 2021

I have not been feeling too well since Christmas. (Wasn't Covid, have been
tested). Some breathing problems, but those we were attributing to the
right side of my diaphragm being paralyzed.

A couple of years ago, was diagnosed with pancreatic cysts. Further testing
showed what I had was not dangerous in itself but I needed to have an MRI
every 6 months to be sure the cysts had not grown or become dangerous. My
latest MRI in FEB showed I needed to have another round of endoscopic exams
to determine if I needed more testing or treatment.

I described my breathing problems and what led to all of this. The
Nurse/practitioner had a chest xray, and ekg done. Then she asked if my
wife could drive me to Fayetteville (AR) to the VA ER. (1 1/2 hour drive -
but not an immediate danger - needed some testing they could do.

Came home, grabbed a bag for overnight and my CPAP and headed out.
Had a few more tests and saw a cardiologist. Turns out I have an atrial
flutter.
The cardiologist had a blood thinner injected into my abdomen, and put me
on eliquis.That part of my life is feeling better.

I still have not had the endoscopic procedure on the cysts; trying to get
that set up.

In the meantime (and unrelated) Windstream tried to set us up with a
"faster"  (fiber/optic) internet service for less than we were paying Cox
for a regular service. We decided to try. We told them not to change our
phone # (we still have land line). What did they do? Changed our phone #;
so now, VA is having trouble getting me a message. Also turns out that
their service did not include voice mail, which we had with Cox.

Have tried several times to leave a note for the folk at the VA to use my
cell #. The VA's phone service is in even worse condition- try to leave a
msg, and the phone goes into a loop with no way out. The local clinic is
fairly close to our house, but you have to have an appointment to get in;
may try anyway. Too many things to get resolved.

--
P. Dan Brittain
Harrison, Arkansas

Transcriptions, Arrangements and Original Compositions
Wind Band, Brass Band, Choir, and Ensembles

http//:pdanbrittain.com  Or  at Sheet Music Plus
http://tinyurl.com/yb9fl39r