[Magdalen] Maybe back to church for real now

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 13:50:32 UTC 2021

Good posts from both of you.  I'm right there with you Scott
Peace
Lynn

On Oct 6, 2021, at 6:07 AM, Roger Stokes <r.s.stokes.65 at cantab.net> wrote:

Scott,

I am totally with you in regretting that judgement of all who have not yet returned to church in person. There's a host of reasons why somebody is not willing to do that yet including the risks riding public transit means in spreading the virus and vulnerable people in the family. As you say, there is one who judges and who knows the secrets of our hearts to inform that judgement.

I also think it wise to reassess your role in church. Often seeing someone always in a particular role means that others do not offer their services and so their vocation to some ministry is not being used, and that leads to the impoverishment of the Church. You may well find some new, currently unmet, ministry and can also be a stand-in when necessary in your previous roles. The pandemic brought a halt to what was habitual and with it a chance to reassess. One thing I am finding personally helpful is daily Morning Prayer on Zoom which is joined by up to seven or eight of us depending on other commitments  though it can sometimes reduce to a couple.

Roger