[Magdalen] The gift of this pub

Suzie Buchanan buchanan.suzie at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 00:19:29 UTC 2022

I hope we don't lose Magdalen.  It is such a different experience than
Facebook.  This place is a gathering of people that I almost exclusively
didn't know "in the flesh" (perhaps one or two?) but through choosing to
sit together in an "online pub" (of one name or another) and listen to each
other, we have come to a very unique kind of connection.

There is a totally different kind of interchange here than on any social
media platform.  And it is interesting to me to ponder the fact that this
one is totally with words - whereas more and more the rest of online
interchange is dependent upon the picture/video aspect.

I have become Facebook friends with a number of people that I met on this
or one of the previous incarnations of an Anglican list, but that isn't the
heart of any of those relationships.  And I have loved any mini- or
major-listmeet I've been able to be a part of.  But it all starts here, in
our written words.  Where words become flesh.

So - I'm sitting here this evening with prayers of thanksgiving for you all.

blessings
Suzie