[Magdalen] Snowing now

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 16:36:40 UTC 2014

We visited Sault Ste. Marie the summer I turned 14, IIRC. I loved watching
the ships go through the locks. I remember taking the boat trip through
them, too. I met a boy on that trip from Flin Flon who said it was the
farthest south he'd ever been, which was an  eye opener for me. His family
was on their way to Elliot Lake, where the uranium mines were just opening
up (his dad was a mining engineer).