[Magdalen] AOL

Brian Reid reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Tue Dec 2 20:28:17 UTC 2014

When I moved the Magdalen list to a new server to get around the "AOL and Yahoo problem", I made various disparaging remarks about AOL. Since I knew I was right, I ignored the various squeals from people who like AOL and who thought I was being overly emotional or overly reactive.

>From time to time a message like what I've excerpted below lands in my mailbox, in my role as server owner. Sometimes, in its infinite and paternal wisdom, AOL decides just not to accept delivery of a message. This means that AOL subscribers don't see it, and don't get any direct notification from AOL that some message to them has been censored. I

Life goes on. Magdalen has 6 subscribers who use AOL. I guess they are happy.

                   The mail system