[Magdalen] Where to go?

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 9 23:25:58 UTC 2014

On 09/12/2014 22:43, Eleanor Braun wrote:
> How about visiting New England, Canada, Chicago, and the Pacific Northwest
> (Oregon, Washington).  Some could be done by train, either Amtrak or
> Canadian rail.  You would meet up with a number of list sibs that way.

That would be one heck of a journey!  In response to Lynn I will recount
where I have been in North America so far.

2012 - I was travelling by train mostly, NYC, Washington DC, Harpurs
Ferry WV (stay with Georgia), Chicago, Rochester as a base where I was
hosted and taken around by people from another list then Chad met me
near Boston and took me up to Vermont before heading back to Boston Airport.

2013 - Flew into Houston to stay with Lynn and time around there before
driving up to OKC then across on I-40 to the Grand Canyon, dropped off
car at Flagstaff to travel to LA to change trains and head North to
Seattle.  A broken-down freight train brought a severe delay and time on
the platform at Portland while the locomotive was checked as we would
arrive in Seattle after midnight.  Coach across to Vancouver then the
Canadian to Toronto followed by time in Rochester and Boston before
flying home.

2014 - This trip was all by car apart from flights to and from the USA.
Arrive in Atlanta, Chattanooga, Grand Old Opry, Summerville SC,
Lynchburg, Chesapeake, Wilmington (overnight), Charleston. Orlando,
Albany GA (overnight) and fly back from Atlanta.

Each trip has included meeting listsibs at various points along the way.

Roger