[Magdalen] Where to go?

Charles Wohlers charles.wohlers at verizon.net
Wed Dec 10 00:05:01 UTC 2014

Quebec City is definitely worth seeing - been there twice. It's probably the
only really "European" city in North America, which may make it less
interesting to you. A week is probably more than you'd want for there, 3
days or so should do.

Acadia Nat'l. Park (coast of Maine) is also beautiful, and the hiking is
less strenuous than what I took you on <g>. It's less than a days' drive
from Quebec City. Also worth 3-4 days.

Gaspesie Park in Quebec is (I think) underrated, especially if you like more
outdoorsy stuff - and you might actually see wild caribou.

Well, Susan Hutchinson has just said what I said above, only better. Only
thing I can add is that there's a ferry from Yarmouth, NS, to Bar Harbor
(Acadia NP), which you could see after Halifax.

We have pictures, of course:
Acadia: http://satucket.com/Milo/Acadia1001/
Gaspe, Gaspesie Park, Quebec City (1st time):
http://satucket.com/Milo/Quebec/
Quebec City, 2nd time:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/cwohlers/sets/72157649624441336/

Oh, and in answer to your question, Quebec City to Gaspe (the town) is about
a day's drive.

Cape Breton is a place I've always wanted to see - supposed to be
spectacular. Also known for great Celtic music.

Oh, and you of course are welcome to stop by here again - we're about 5
hours' drive from Quebec City. I promise only easy hikes.

Chad Wohlers
Woodbury, VT USA
chadwohl at satucket.com