[Magdalen] Church hunting near Atlanta

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 23:15:41 UTC 2014

Sam Candler was associate rector, then interim at St. Paul's.  I love Sam
and his wife Boog, but we have, naturally I think, distanced since they
returned to Atlanta.  John was one of his references when Trinity
Cathedral, Columbia, SC was considering him for Dean.  John told them that
'Sam walks on water.'  I doubt that is why he got the position, but that
quote did make headlines in the State paper when he was called.  Sam is
smart, liberal, a good preacher.  He taught me about incarnation, small
'i', and I am ever grateful.  At St. Philips, he has an enormous staff, and
St. Philips is one of the largest congregations in TEC.

I do know that Atlanta is full of good Episcopal Churches.

Ginga