[Magdalen] Church hunting near Atlanta

James Handsfield jhandsfield at icloud.com
Thu Dec 11 00:13:58 UTC 2014

I’ll throw in a plug for St. Bede’s as long as it isn’t too far a drive (Roswell and Alpharetta are a half hour drive from Tucker).  Two years ago we called a new priest-in-charge, Chad Vaughn, who is now our rector and he’s a dynamo.  Along with chad, the clergy are Associate Rector Caroline Branch (newly ordained), Lindsay Buehler who also is the director of the Julian of Norwich Center (she’s Marcy’s and my spiritual director), and Fabio Sotelo who is the pastor of the Hispanic congregation of St. Bede’s and the Hispanic Missioner for the diocese of Atlanta.

Chad will be rector of a cardinal parish or dean of a cathedral before too long - I don’t expect him to be at St. Bede’s as long as ten years, and it wouldn’t surprise me if he were called to be a bishop one day.

“The worst form of corruption is acceptance of corruption.”  Herblock

Jim Handsfield
jhandsfield at att.net