[Magdalen] Where to go?

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Fri Dec 12 18:28:41 UTC 2014

On 12/12/2014 16:03, Jay Weigel wrote:
> ​Everyone's talking Maine, Quebec, and the Maritimes. For another
> consideration, I would offer the mountains and Big Sky Country of Montana,
> Wyoming, and Colorado and even the western Dakotas, if you haven't been
> there. That would be best as a summer trip, and I don't know if we have any
> pubmates there​ nowadays. It's amazing country, though. My brother lives in
> the Bitterroot Valley of Montana, about an hour south of Missoula, and I am
> dying to go rockhounding out there......

I was the one who, in this conversation, brought up that part of Canada
as somebody hed mentioned it in a conversation a few weeks ago.  My
concern about what you describe as the Big Sky country is just that -
what is there for a tourist to see and do apart from look at mile after
mile of the Great Plains?  Last year I travelled on the train through
the Canadian part of that area and have to admit it had little
attraction for me.

Roger