[Magdalen] Where to go?

Charles Wohlers charles.wohlers at verizon.net
Fri Dec 12 18:44:57 UTC 2014

I can remember going on a traveling camping trip with a bunch of other
teenagers through the West, and, stopping for a bit in Saskatchewan, a local
asked us if we'd been to any place duller than Saskatchewan. While we wanted
to say "yes", we couldn't honestly do that.

Of course, we hadn't been to North Dakota yet . . .

That said, The South Dakota Badlands, and Mt. Rushmore and the caves in the
Black Hills are highly recommended. Admittedly, there isn't much between
there and the Great Lakes. I must say I wasn't all that impressed with the
Black Hills themselves - too much like Eastern mountains - but they
certainly were a sight for sore eyes after all that flat country. They don't
call it "fly-over country" for nothin'

Chad Wohlers
Woodbury, VT USA
chadwohl at satucket.com