[Magdalen] neighborhood news

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 17:56:59 UTC 2014

The University of Wisconsin-Madison is apparently set to announce that Paul
Chryst is going to be their new football coach. Good Lord, that makes me
officially older than dirt! Paul's mom, Patty Putnam Chryst, grew up three
houses from me in Madison and was one of the "big girls" on our block. I
think she's maybe 4 or 5 years older than I am. I remember when she married
Paul's dad and when Paul was born. I've followed his career with great
interest (he's done a wonderful job at Pitt!) and I knew when Gary Anderson
quit at UW that there was talk of Paul returning, but I thought it was just
talk. Apparently it's not. Ye gods, where's my cane? *fanning self*