[Magdalen] Like I Was Puzzled.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Dec 21 17:32:03 UTC 2014

In a message dated 12/21/2014 12:23:10 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
michaudme at gmail.com writes:

Wasn't  husband originally a verb that got itself  nouned?
-M>>>

I don't know why it bothers me more to have adjectives routinely
made to sit in for adverbs than to have verb's "nouned" or
nouns "verbed", but it does.

I get into this ease with which English reinvents itself
with my Hispanic partner.  I gather Spanish doesn't have
these new usages as much as English.  He also gets trapped
by the word order requirements of English since Romance
languages don't have such precise word placement in order
to make sense.

David S.