[Magdalen] Creme de la Creme.

Brian Reid reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Sun Dec 21 22:45:54 UTC 2014

Gifford's Old-Fashioned Vanilla
Lappert's Vanilla Bean

There are two competing companies, both named Lappert's Ice Cream, one
in Hawaii and the other in San Francisco. Both of them make an excellent
Vanilla Bean ice cream, but I like the Hawaiian-made one better.

The Dairy Science departments of many US land-grant universities have an
associated ice cream store. The best of these, IMO, is the ice cream
store at the University of Maryland, though the dairy stores at Michigan
State, Penn State, University of Nebraska at Lincoln, and South Dakota
State are all wonderful. There may be others but I haven't been to them.