[Magdalen] Like I Was Puzzled.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Dec 23 01:55:30 UTC 2014

In a message dated 12/22/2014 8:38:14 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jguthrie at pipeline.com writes:

I  suppose English has become the common language by default (thanks to the

internet?).>>>>

Oh I don't think it's just the internet..

When you combine the remnants of the grand British Empire
with the world's current economic and military powerhouse (USA),
English is inevitable as the Lingua Franca.

Of course, wait a few decades (or less) and it may well
be Mandarin/Cantonese that is the world's common language!

David Strang.