[Magdalen] Like I Was Puzzled.

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 02:50:09 UTC 2014

I grew very accustomed to Indian English in the later years of my nursing
career, not only from the doctors, but from the many Indian nurses I worked
with. There were times when I was the only Anglo on two contiguous units
that I would find myself falling into the speech patterns. Since India has
about 14 officially recognized languages and another huge number of
dialects, English is pretty much used for general communication but it has
definitely developed its own character.