[Magdalen] Sic Transit Gloria Mundi.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Dec 23 03:35:55 UTC 2014

In a message dated 12/22/2014 9:21:58 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
michaudme at gmail.com writes:

have  received my cherished annual Christmas card from my mother's
college  roommate, still going strong at 96.
-M>>>

When I was cleaning out my family home in NW Wisconsin in 1998
after my mother died at 98, I came upon a birthday card that had
been shared for 25 of the 40 years my Aunt Helen lived with mother.
(My father had died 40 years earlier).

The card was simply passed back and forth with a new  inscription
such as, "wonderful year, once again, sister".

I'd been fairly stoic about the whole cleanup and funeral until then,  but
I lost it and sobbed like a child after finding that card.

David S.